Pay Yourself First - Small businessess from 1 to 80 employees outsource your payroll management to us and let us worry about your payroll processing.
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Tax changes to expect when you’re expecting
2016 Tax Tips for 2015 Filing Year
From Proprietorship to Corporation - When is the Best Time to Incorporate?
Tax Specialists Brief your Clients About CRA Fraud And E-Mail Scams
Bank of Canada cuts rates again

Most Popular Posts

Help your teenager build credit responsibly
Being an Executor of an Estate
Student Line of Credit
Principal Residence Exemption


aliko nutrition store- isotonix
aliko payroll services
canada revenue news and videos
canadian news
Cross border Tax
Disability awareness and Benefits for disabled
estate planning
Home Car Insurance
Income Splitting Strategies in Retirement
kids and money -set your children up for financial success
life insurance
on line safety tips
online safety tips
Real Estate - Investments / Retirement
Retirement planning
Save your money
small business planning
Tax Information for Students
tax news
tax planning
Tech news


January 2016
July 2015
May 2015
April 2015
February 2015
December 2014
November 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013

powered by


Pay Yourself First

Pay Yourself First
Pay Yourself First
Although submission of a TD1 form is not required each year, it’s always a good idea to ensure that your employer is not withholding more taxes than absolutely necessary – after all, it’s your money.
The TD1 form – 2015 Personal Tax Credits Return – along with its provincial counterpart, determines how much tax your employer (or other payer) will withhold from your payments. To ensure that you get the money all year long rather than a year from now when you file your tax return, update your TD1 whenever your family situation changes and check it at least once a year.  January is a good time to make that check.
On the TD1 you can claim your own personal amount ($11,327 for 2015), the amount for your spouse or common-law partner, amounts for eligible dependants, the caregiver amount, amount for infirm dependants, amount for pension income, tuition, education and textbook amounts, as well as amounts you are eligible to transfer from your spouse. Parents should note that the exemption for children under 18 is eliminated for 2015 unless the child is infirm.  Even for infirm children, the claim is reduced to $2,093 for 2015 (down from $4,313 for 2014).
A sister form to TD1: Form T1213 Request to Reduce Tax Deductions at Source for Year(s) ______ can also be used to reduce tax withholding for taxpayers who have RRSP contributions, Child Care Expenses, deductible support payments, employment expenses, carrying charges, charitable donations, rental losses or other significant tax deductions. For all expenses except deductible support payments which may be authorized for two years, you’ll need to file Form T1213 each year.  The form must first be sent to CRA for their approval before your employer is authorized to reduce your withholding tax.  Approval may take four to six weeks so the earlier you submit the form the better.

0 Comments to Pay Yourself First :

Comments RSS

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment