Changing your tax return once you have already filed it - Small businessess from 1 to 80 employees outsource your payroll management to us and let us worry about your payroll processing.
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Tax changes to expect when you’re expecting
2016 Tax Tips for 2015 Filing Year
From Proprietorship to Corporation - When is the Best Time to Incorporate?
Tax Specialists Brief your Clients About CRA Fraud And E-Mail Scams
Bank of Canada cuts rates again

Most Popular Posts

Help your teenager build credit responsibly
Being an Executor of an Estate
Student Line of Credit
Principal Residence Exemption


aliko nutrition store- isotonix
aliko payroll services
canada revenue news and videos
canadian news
Cross border Tax
Disability awareness and Benefits for disabled
estate planning
Home Car Insurance
Income Splitting Strategies in Retirement
kids and money -set your children up for financial success
life insurance
on line safety tips
online safety tips
Real Estate - Investments / Retirement
Retirement planning
Save your money
small business planning
Tax Information for Students
tax news
tax planning
Tech news


January 2016
July 2015
May 2015
April 2015
February 2015
December 2014
November 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013

powered by


Changing your tax return once you have already filed it

Changing your tax return once you have already filed it
Changing your tax return once you have already filed it 

Income Tax Act S. 142(4.2)If you have filed your return and then determine that you need to make a change, either because you have received another T-slip, or because you didn't claim an expense and later learned it was deductible, you can request an adjustment to your tax return.If you've just discovered that pension splitting with your spouse would save you some tax, this is also a good reason to adjust your prior return.  However, make sure that combined taxes payable are reduced by doing this, and keep in mind that the taxes payable of one spouse will probably increase, resulting in interest on the tax amount payable.The time limit for filing adjustments to your tax returns by mail is ten (10) years.  An adjustment request may be made in 2013 for the 2003 or subsequent taxation years.You can request the changeonline for your most recent return, or your returns for the previous two tax years, orby mail, for tax returns for the past ten years.Requesting a change onlineRequesting a change online is very simple, and is done by logging into your account at the CRA My Account page.  A separate request has to be filed for each tax year.You can also use the online request if you forgot to apply for the GST/HST tax credit when you filed your tax return.Requesting a change by mailYou can obtain a form T1Adj from the CRA web site, complete it and mail it in, along with documents supporting your change request.See also the CRA web page How to change your return. 

1 Comment to Changing your tax return once you have already filed it :

Comments RSS
swiss watch manufacturers list on January-09-15 2:09 AM
Definitely, what a magnificent website and instructive posts, I surely will bookmark your site.Have an awsome day!
Reply to comment

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment