Foreign Property? New CRA Form Required in 2013 - Small businessess from 1 to 80 employees outsource your payroll management to us and let us worry about your payroll processing.
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Tax changes to expect when you’re expecting
2016 Tax Tips for 2015 Filing Year
From Proprietorship to Corporation - When is the Best Time to Incorporate?
Tax Specialists Brief your Clients About CRA Fraud And E-Mail Scams
Bank of Canada cuts rates again

Most Popular Posts

Help your teenager build credit responsibly
Being an Executor of an Estate
Student Line of Credit
Principal Residence Exemption


aliko nutrition store- isotonix
aliko payroll services
canada revenue news and videos
canadian news
Cross border Tax
Disability awareness and Benefits for disabled
estate planning
Home Car Insurance
Income Splitting Strategies in Retirement
kids and money -set your children up for financial success
life insurance
on line safety tips
online safety tips
Real Estate - Investments / Retirement
Retirement planning
Save your money
small business planning
Tax Information for Students
tax news
tax planning
Tech news


January 2016
July 2015
May 2015
April 2015
February 2015
December 2014
November 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013

powered by


Foreign Property? New CRA Form Required in 2013

Foreign Property? New CRA Form Required in 2013
Foreign Property? New CRA Form Required in 2013
Income from both domestic and foreign sources must reported on the Canadian tax return by residents of Canada. Starting with the 2013 taxation year, the CRA will require Canadians holding foreign property with a cost of over $100,000 to file out a new, enhanced Foreign Income Verification Statement (Form T1135).
Taxpayers and their advisors should prepare now to receive and report the following information about the property on the 2013 return:
·         the name of the specific foreign institution or other entity holding funds outside Canada;
·         the specific country to which the foreign property relates; and
·         the income generated from the foreign property.
The last federal budget (March 21, 2013) also extended the reassessment period from three to six years to audit taxpayers to ensure income from a foreign property was a reported on their income tax return. If the Foreign Income Verification Statement (Form T1135) was not filed, late-filed, or included incorrect or incomplete information concerning a foreign property, penalties could result.
Delinquent taxpayers should be encouraged to voluntarily comply by seeing their tax professionals now.

2 Comments to Foreign Property? New CRA Form Required in 2013:

Comments RSS
Cheap Condos Singapore on September-18-13 5:04 AM
Thank you for the read. Honestly you covered the topic and broadly examined all areas. If i was to write this i would have done a few things differently myself but you have definitely inspired me to get into the world of blogging.
Reply to comment

panorama condo on November-08-13 2:56 AM
This article has been certainly a extremely glorious undergo. My partner and that i finished up being surprised with the contents of the publish. i'm unable to delay to work out simply what else you've got accessible for all people. i will be able to be completely awaiting your following submit. many thanks with relation to discussing...
Reply to comment

Add a Comment

Your Name:
Email Address: (Required)
Make your text bigger, bold, italic and more with HTML tags. We'll show you how.
Post Comment