Making a payment
.Did you know?
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers online payment methods that make paying taxes as easy as paying your hydro or phone bill.Payment methods
There are several ways to make a payment to the CRA.
1. Online banking: Use your financial institution’s online banking service and select The Canada Revenue Agency in the list of payees. We may also be listed as:
Make sure you correctly identify the type of account, your social insurance number or business number, and the reporting period or tax year of your payment.
1. Debit card: Use My Payment, CRA’s online payment service. It allows individuals and businesses to make payments using Interac® Online. You may qualify to use this method if you have an online banking account with one of the following institutions:
1. In person: You can make your payment in person at your financial institution in Canada. To do this, you will need a personalized remittance voucher, which you can ask for online through My Account or Quick Access.
1. By mail: You can also mail your payment to the CRA. Send your cheque or money order (payable to the Receiver General), along with your remittance voucher, to:
Canada Revenue Agency
875 Heron Road
Ottawa ON K1A 1B1
1. Non-resident payments: You can pay by wire transfer if you are a non-resident who does not have a Canadian bank account.
For more information, go to www.cra.gc.ca/payments.Stay connected
To receive updates when new information is added to our website, you can: